TAIP Sponsored Event

Presented By:
Maki Yagi
Presenter Link:
Text Link
Saturday, May 21, 2022
9:00 - 10:00 a.m.
This free workshop is limited to TAIP Members and the general public.

About the Japanese Childcare License: Kosodate Sien-In

Don't have time to get your Hoikushi license? How about Hoikushi-lite?

OBP Academy's Maki Yagi will present an information session about the Kosodate Sien-In license on Saturday, May 21, 9:00 - 10:00 a.m.

Hoikushi vs Kosodate Sien-In

Both licenses are for people working with children. However, compared to the Hoikushi License, the Kosodate Sien-In license is "easier" to get.

The National Government grants the Hoikushi License, while Municipal/City officials grant the Kosodate Sien-In License.

Japanese regulations require a Hoikushi for schools to qualify for certain government funds, but Kosodate Sien-In license holders can sometimes cover additional staff requirements. In addition, the license does not expire and might be a good "first step" for those considering getting the Hoikushi qualification in the future.

OBP Academy not only helps non-native Japanese speakers prepare for the test and secure a spot for observation training, but they also guide you through all of the administrative processes.

Information Session

Maki will explain more about the Kosodate Sien-In and its benefits. Also, she will introduce their support course, which helps improve students' overall Japanese ability and other skills, ensuring all students are comfortable and well prepared for success.

Specific Objectives:

  • What is Kosodate Sien-In
  • The benefits of a Kosodate Sien-In license for you and your school
  • Time needed (Can I enroll while working full time?)
  • Eligibility (Do I need a particular visa?)
  • Support for those with limited Japanese language skills
  • Financial Incentives (Are there are any tax benefits?)

More Information:

To learn more about Japanese Kindergartens and licensing, please listen to our TAIP Conversations Podcast Episode 3: Licensing and Authorization.

For more about the differences between Hoikushi and Kosodate Sien-In visit Jobs In Japan's article "How To Get a Childcare License In Japan… Even If You Are a Foreigner."

Recent Workshops

Alice Sharp presenting "Provocations for Learning" at the TAIP 2019 Fall Annual Conference at Shinagawa International School.

Stay Informed

Please provide your email address below to get our TAIP Newsletter.
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.
Privacy policy:
Your email address is never sold or given out to anyone. We will only use this email list for our newsletter and one-way emails from TAIP. You can unsubscribe from the list at anytime.