The Forest School Workshop was a tree-mendous success!
Our recent Forest School Workshop at Tokyo Children's Garden was a resounding success. The sun was bright, and so was the enthusiasm and energy of our participants.
It was wonderful to be together again after a long time away from in-person events. We were overwhelmed by the turnout, with a waitlist showing how much teachers wanted to return to professional development.
Thank you to Dr. Dave Cudworth for his insightful presentation on the Forest School approach. His expertise gave attendees valuable knowledge and practical skills to use in their schools.
We hope the workshop enriched your understanding of different approaches and sparked a passion for outdoor learning. We are excited to plan more events and grow our community.
Fall Conference 2023 - Registration starts September 19!
The TAIP Fall Conference 2023 is a one-day event to provide early childhood educators with the knowledge and skills they need to create a positive and nurturing learning environment for children. This year will feature a variety of workshops on topics such as social-emotional learning, dual language development, stress relief for teachers, and more! There will also be a first-aid workshop for those who need to get or renew their certification.
Visit our Events page to learn more!
Associate Member Spotlight! - Malvern College Tokyo: A New Addition to International Education in Japan
Malvern College Tokyo is located in the Tama district, just a 40-minute commute from central Tokyo. MCT is committed to providing a high-quality education that prepares students for success in the globalized world. Learn more by visiting their homepage at: https://www.malverncollegetokyo.jp
Malvern College Tokyo (MCT) opened its doors on August 21st to its pupils of the founding year. MCT will be the first British international school in Tokyo to implement an IB curriculum across all its grades, (from Year 1 to Year 13). Opening at the end of August 2023 and located in the Tama district, only a 40-minute commute from central Tokyo, MCT will seek to develop independent, forward-thinking, and responsible students.
Since its founding in Malvern, Worcestershire, England, in 1865, Malvern College UK has expanded and now offers a world- class education to students in countries including Egypt, Switzerland and China (Qingdao, Chengdu and Hong Kong). MCT is the newest campus in the Malvern Family of Schools and the 7th campus outside the U.K. The school will be led by founding Headmaster Mike Spencer, an educator with more than 20 years’ experience gained in international schools across the globe.
MCT shares the same ethos as its parent institution, Malvern College UK, and in addition to its small class sizes, will offer dedicated tutor time and individual pupil attention. The school is committed to giving pupils a rich learning environment where they can become vibrant and inquisitive learners, just like former Malvern College alumnus C. S. Lewis.
The school’s universally recognised academic curriculum is not only rigorous, but also offers a visionary approach to education. The curriculum at MCT is based on five pillars:
Full integration of the International Baccalaureate (IB) curriculum
Strong focus on technology-related subjects for all students
Combining Malvern’s British heritage with local Japanese culture
While initially only accepting pupils from Years 1 to 9 in its founding year (2023-2024), the school will soon offer places for primary and secondary pupils up to the Upper Sixth Form (Year 13).
As a co-educational day school, MCT will be served by a network of school buses covering both the Tokyo metropolitan area and its surrounding neighbourhoods.
Our associate members offer valuable services tailored to the international school community. Please consider supporting them when making your next purchase. Be sure to mention that you are a TAIP member!
- Association for International Early Childhood Education: Promoting global early childhood education.
- Englishbooks.jp: Comprehensive English educational resources & books.
- Flywire GK: Next-gen platform for school tuition & global payments.
- InterAssist First Aid Training: Professional first aid training & certification.
- Jobs in Japan: Premier job portal for opportunities in Japan.
- LUCREA, Inc.: Innovative solutions for educational needs.
- Lighthouse GL, Inc.: Leading provider of educational services.
- Malvern College Tokyo: British international school with IB curriculum.
- Maxwell Education Group: Comprehensive educational services & support.
- OBP Academy: Enhancing skills for educators working in Japan.
- Rach Inc.: Expert screen printing and embroidery for school uniforms and logos.
- Scholastic Japan: Global publisher of children's books & educational materials.
- Takumi Associates: Expert consultancy for educational needs.
- West Japan Cambridge Centre: Cambridge assessment & educational services.
- Youho Eigo Kentei Kyoukai: Assisting teachers in obtaining Japanese teaching certifications.